Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Where are you

This morning I was not up for fifteen minutes and my wife's phone rings; I hear her on the phone sounding disturbed and a little upset. She then gets off the phone to tell me news that I already knew was not going to be good. She tells me that in Athens that two more churches have been burned and it was arson. None of the churches were our church but in that moment my heart was breaking for the families of these churches. We are all a part of the body of Christ and when one part suffers we all suffer. There may be differences in opinions and ideas but we all serve and are a part of Christ. Jesus says "and there will be one flock and one shepherd." (John 10:16). As my heart broke this morning and on my drive into work I was reminded that no matter what happens God is still on His throne and loves us very much. Now I am not trying to say that the losses of these buildings are not a horrible thing. What I am saying though is that these builds are just those buildings. God resides within us and though there may be fires, tragedies, and sorrows, the body of Christ still stands. Jesus also tells us "10 The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly. (John 10:10) Yes we lost a few churches and these people who did this thing came to steal and destroy, but they do not understand the power of Christ and that though they may destroy and steal; they cannot take the life that we have in Christ. How abundant that life is in Christ.
People pray for these churches and the church families, but also pray for those who did these things.

No comments:

Post a Comment