Thursday, March 25, 2010

What a Friend We Have

I know many of you have heard at one time or another the song or someone say "What a friend we have in Jesus". The question you have to ask is do we really know what kind of friend we really have. Here are a few points in Jesus' friendship to us.

1. He is a friend that intercedes for us in Prayer.
(John 17:15) 15 My prayer is not that you take them out of the world but that you protect them from the evil one.
(John 17:17) 17 Sanctify them by the truth; your word is truth.
(John 17:21) 21 that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me.
(John 17:24) 24 “Father, I want those you have given me to be with me where I am, and to see my glory, the glory you have given me because you loved me before the creation of the world.

2. He is a friend that leads us by experience and protects us.
(John 10:27-29) 27 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.  28 I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand.

3. He presents us blameless before God and the accuser.
(Revelation 12:10)“Now have come the salvation and the power and the kingdom of our God,
and the authority of his Christ.
For the accuser of our brothers,
who accuses them before our God day and night,
has been hurled down.

Now that is a true friend. When was the last time you even did a small part of this for someone you call a friend. You; yourself cannot present anyone blameless but you can lead them to the one who can. You may not be able to lead a friend down the right path but you can lead them to the one that leads you. The one thing you can do is send up your prayers for your friends. If you pray for them let them know you are praying for them; even get them and pray with them over them.

No greater love than this than he who lays down his life for his friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment